The Seductive Stranger by Shernette Shaw- Clarke

The Seductive Stranger


An uncontrollable percussive sound escaped from my chest
as you approach me.
The closer you get
 the more my unsettled limbs expose my sense of disquietude. 
The strength in my knees deserted me instantly.
I have never laid eyes on such a fine human being -
A paragon of a flawless consort.
I struggle to maintain my vertical position as you
reach for your camera.
‘You are so flawless, yet you want to capture my imperfection.’
 screamed my starved mind.
You looked at me with your perfect eyes- the best I’ve ever beheld.
I gasp for breath.
With you less than two feet away from me
 everything around me immediately vanished until 
you parted your ravishing lips and uttered:
‘Excuse me, lady, you are blocking my view’ 

                                                                                                

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change Your Mindset

No Ordinary love

Don't Be Bitter