When I boarded a nearly empty flight to Canada in 2021, the world was still in the grip of COVID-19. Borders were tight, travel felt uncertain, and every decision carried an extra layer of worry. Yet beneath the masks and restrictions, I carried something stronger than fear: hope for a new beginning through education. Taking the Leap as an International Student My dream of studying in Canada had been years in the making. The country’s reputation for world-class education and multicultural campuses drew me in, but the pandemic added an unpredictable twist. Getting my study permit meant endless paperwork, last-minute health requirements, and constantly changing travel rules. I learned to be flexible and patient, even when it felt like the goalpost kept moving. Landing in a Different World Arriving in 2021 meant strict quarantine, health checks, and limited in-person interactions. Instead of exploring bustling streets or meeting classmates right away, I spent my first two weeks isolating ...
As this year closes, I find myself reflecting more than usual. I’m looking back not just on what I accomplished, but on what I survived, what I learned, and what quietly changed me along the way. This year wasn’t loud in its lessons, but it was honest. There were moments when I had to choose myself in ways that felt uncomfortable—times when letting go made more sense than holding on. I learned that growth doesn’t always mimic progress; sometimes, it looks like rest, distance, or silence. It was a lesson I truly needed. Not everything I planned worked out, and I’m making peace with that. As goals shifted and expectations faded, they left room for clarity—about what I value, what I deserve, and what I’m no longer willing to carry forward. This year taught me resilience in subtle ways. It showed me that I can adapt, rebuild, and move forward without rushing the process. I have learned to trust my own timing, even when it doesn't match the timeline I once imagined. As I close this chap...
Breakups are tough. They can leave us feeling lost, hurt, and unsure about the future. But, as challenging as they are, breakups also offer a unique opportunity for growth and self-discovery. Here's a guide to help you navigate life after a breakup. 1. Allow Yourself to Grieve It's okay to feel sad, angry, or confused. Give yourself permission to feel your emotions fully. Grieving is a crucial part of the healing process, and it's important not to rush through it. 2. Lean on Your Support System Friends and family can be an incredible source of comfort and strength. Don't hesitate to reach out to them. Whether it's for a listening ear, a shoulder to cry on, or just some distraction, let your loved ones be there for you. 3. Focus on Self-Care Taking care of yourself is paramount. This might mean indulging in your favorite activities, maintaining a healthy diet, getting regular exercise, or simply resting when you need to. Self-care helps restore balance and well-bei...
Comments
Post a Comment